MiniKegs - and why we love them
15 reasons why we think 5L MiniKegs are the best accessory for anyone who already kegs their beer (in no particular order):
- Using some 3/8" line and a couple of disconnects you can easily transfer beer from large corny kegs to a mini keg under pressure (see here for our kit).
- Completely eliminate exposure to oxygen - fill your minikeg with no rinse sanitiser and push this out with CO2 leaving your MiniKeg full of pure CO2 ready for transferring beer.
- A MiniKeg and a ball lock lid can be used just like a normal corny keg, a lot of kegging brewers already have all the parts to start using them. We do a 5L mini keg with a ball lock lid for £65 here.
- Get friendly with your local craft brewery and they will often be happy to fill your 5l MiniKeg (be wary of oxidation though - closed transfer is the best way)
- The 5L MiniKeg will fit on its side in your normal kitchen fridge, no more trips to the shed.
- The dip tube is flexible so the Minikegs can be used on their sides - straight from the fridge.
- MiniKegs are small enough to fit into a freezer for super rapid cooling.
- If you brew 24L batches (5 UK gallons) you can keg 19L of it in a large corny keg and put the balance in the 5L MiniKeg.
- You can use a spunding valve and a automatic keg filler to maintain a constant pressure in your MiniKeg whilst its filling - this prevents foaming and loss of carbonation.
- 5L kegs easily have enough beer in for sharing. If thats too small you can go for a 10L but they are harder to fit into the fridge...!
- You can sit the MiniKeg into a small bucket full of ice for cooling at a BBQ.
- The Kegland MiniKegs are incredibly well made - not all minikegs are made equal.
- Our MiniKeg party kits (starting at around £120) come with everything you need to dispense drinks from your MiniKeg in a super small package - great for taking to friends houses or outdoors.
- You will need about 1-2 16g cartridges of CO2 to dispense a 5L keg of beer.
- We've just reduced our prices so they are now even better value.